Friday 2 December 2011

Hello stranger

"Hey I remember you! From kindergarten, remember?"
 It's that awkward moment when you just try to think really hard about it, but you can't remember someone who remember's you.  They know your name, and you can't put your finger on theirs. Then they start to describe all sorts of memories, and the kindergarten, or day care you went to, and you remember all of it. All of it, besides them.
This one time I went over to my friends house for a group meeting with a bunch of friends, and while we were walking to the park, this one guy joined us. Of course I didn't recognise him, I remember one of my friends texting him, but that was the extent of my memory. Then he recognised me and started asking me questions, and he turned out he used to be in my day care. He described a bunch of things about the daycare, who was there, and all that. And I remembered everything. Well, besides him. I tried thinking really hard, but he didn't ring a bell.   Oops! 0.o

2 comments:

  1. ooh, that happens to me quite often. i make it a policy just to say "hi" to people who say hi to me even though I've completely forgotten their name and face entirely. i think i'm somewhat an expert already with fake "hello's" and "hi's" that sound convincing enough (oh the guilt!) just to make the situation not awkward at all!

    -bea :)

    P.S. I'm taking beginners French this semester. =))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! It happen's to me quite often too, and always feel so bad! I can carry a conversation, but I always avoid saying their name!
    Taking french? Great! I hope you enjoy it! Remember our version of Aloutte! ;)

    ReplyDelete